This wonderful love story unfolds in the middle of a quarantine.
He’s the man Kara used to share a cubicle with– or at least a workspace. But their budding romance cost her a job she loved and now she’s unemployed. It’s all his fault, and she lays the blame completely on his shoulders. He’s the reason she’s looking for a hook-up with an overgrown slob of a fratboy. He’s the reason she feels unhinged and untethered.
To make matters worse, the frat boy hookup that didn’t happen means she’s stuck in HIS apartment building for the foreseeable future.
Rory was saddened that the work fiasco wrecked his maybe with Kara. Though she seems to hate his guts, he had reasons for staying at the company that he felt too vulnerable to share. Those reasons will become evident if Kara takes him up on the offer to stay in his apartment until the quarantine ends.
Why this book was the perfect mini- escape from the quarantine that has become a stifling cocoon:
- The banter and sparks between Kara and Rory sizzle off the page.
- She has to wear his clothes— and they smell like him. You know we’ve all stolen that t-shirt just so we could get a surreptitious sniff whenever we needed it.
- There is a sweet, sassy side character who will steal your heart.
- Rory may have an 8 pack and seem like a tiger, but he’s actually a kitten.
- Forced proximity. And all of the uncomfortable, arousing, impossible to ignore feelings it forces out in the open.